There are some things we do miss when we go low carb, this is a good substitute.
Low Carb “Mock” Garlic Mashed Potatoes ( Easy)
Total:21 minPrep: 15 minCook: 6 min
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1/8 teaspoon straight chicken base or bullion
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (we used from a jar of minced garlic in water)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (you can use white pepper if you don’t want the pepper to show)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Alternate: Try adding a 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. fresh minced rosemary for a new taste
Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.
Cut cauliflower into small pieces cleaning as you go. Cook in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done. Drain but do not alow to cool and pat dry cooked cauliflower between 3-4 layers of paper towels.
In food processor, puree the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, salt, and pepper until almost smooth.
Garnish with chives, and serve hot with pats of butter.