Super Easy Cheesy Frittata
Recipe by Wayland
A Frittata type dish goes back a thousand years or so probably originating in ancient Persia Some say that they are a hearty type of Italian omelette although not popular throughout Italy they were generally made up of leftovers in Italy for a quick meal.
Prep Time 15 – 18 min.
Total Time 43 min.
Bacon Maple flavor optional
How to Make
Prepare egg mixture as directed; pour into 12 muffin pan cups
sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 20 min. or until knife inserted in
centers comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 3 to 5
min. or until melted. Makes 6 servings, 2 frittatas each.
Heat oven to 350°F.
- 8 whole eggs
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded cherry tomatoes
- 2 slices crisp cooked Bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided (or cheddar cheese Optional)
- Whisk eggs, and water in medium bowl until blended.
- Add tomatoes, bacon, basil and 1/2 cup cheese; mix well.
- Pour into 12 prepared muffin pan cups (or a 9-inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray).
- Bake 25 min. or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 min. or until melted.Servings: 6