Skillet Shrimp Scampi
Total Time: 30 min
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 10 min
This tasty dish can be served over pasta like linguini or even farfalle or with other sides to your taste.
- About 1 1/2 pounds jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup dry white vermouth
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
1. Place the shelled and deveined shrimp on a large paper plate and pat them completely dry with a paper towel. Arrange the shrimp so they lay flat and are evenly spaced.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Add the butter to the skillet. When the foaming subsides, raise the heat to high and invert the Paper plate of shrimp over the skillet so the shrimp fall into the pan all at once.
3. Cook the shrimp, without moving them, for 1 minute. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Turn the shrimp over and cook for additional 2 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a bowl, leaving the fond in the skillet (browned bits)
4. Return the skillet to the heat and pour in the lemon juice and vermouth. Boil the liquid until slightly thickened, about 30 seconds.
5. Scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon so that it mixes in with the liquid. Stir the lemon zest and parsley into the sauce. Pour the sauce over the shrimp, season with salt and pepper to taste and toss to combine.
Divide the shrimp among plates or arrange on a platter and serve.